Argalasti | Pelion



One of the biggest villages of Soufh Pelion, built on a fertile plateau. It is an important commercial center of the area with a rich cultural tradition. Argalasti is a stopping point for those headed for the beaches of the Pagasitic or the Aegean. An exquisite sample of the architecture of the beginning of the century is the church tower of Ag. Apostolon.

Village of South Pelion built on a fertile plateau. An important commercial center of the region with a rich spiritual tradition, Argalasti is a station and passage to the coast of Pagasitikos and the aegean, which belongs to it. An excellent example of architecture of the beginning of our century is the belfry – clock of the Church of Agii Apostoli. The development of the region was directly influenced by the historical course of the entire Greece area and so after the heyday of the classical years followed the Roman domination, the Byzantine Empire and then the Ottoman Domination. As early as the late 17th century the centre of economic activity is ARGALASTI.

The first report that exists is in a Turkish firman of 1653. Its inhabitants are mainly farmers and livestock farmers and many of them come from epirus, mainland Greece and the rest of thessaly. It is mentioned that Argalasti was the capital of the foundations (villages Charismena in Turkish churches), named "argalast-moykantisi " i.e. "argalast's police subcommand", until 1697, when it was transferred to Makrinitsa. The 18th century finds Argalasti to be a developed village of pelion, with great production in many agricultural products and with intense activity in the field of Sericulture. He is also a member of the historical cooperative of AMPELAKIA. During the revolution the whole region suffers the plight of the Turkish savagery, resulting in a halt to the current of economic and cultural development.


Argalasti, Pagasiticos Gulf View


Pelion Villages and beaches are magnificent



As the summer nights fall, the smell of jasmines, gardenias and primroses mix up, and visitors who love nature will find the place to be.


Zagorin - Agricultural Cooperative

Ζαγοριν - Αγροτικός Συνεταιρισμός Ζαγοράς Πηλίου

 The Agricultural Cooperative is one of the oldest co-operatives, since it was established in 1916 by 199 people of Zagora of Magnesia. In 1985, the cooperative enters a new phase of action of organised commercial enterprise. The brand is enshrined and every authentic Zagorin apple bears the sticker which makes it stand out.


Ο «Μουτζούρης», όπως λεγόταν κάποτε το τρενάκι του Πηλίου, για να δηλώσει την ατµοκίνηση και τον καπνό που άφηνε στο πέρασµά του, είναι ένα τρένο-τουριστικό αξιοθέατο των χωριών του Πηλίου.







Information about Pelio

Pelio, Magnesia, Thessaly, Greece

ΤΗΛ. ++306947819381

E-mail us

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy


Free xml sitemap generator

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy

Agios Ioannis


Useful Phone Numbers

Volos Hospital-24213-51000
Volos Fire Service-24210-76850
Zagora Health Center-24260-22222
Kissos Regional Clinic-2426031210
Tsagarada Regional Clinic-2426049208
Portaria Regional Clinic-2421099106
Police Volos-24210-76995
Zagora Police-2426022529